Friday, 20 May 2011
Here are the resulting exercises that weren't just shapes moving about on screen.
I have always had a soft spot for Flash, but have never managed to animate it professionally. Now I finally had the chance to properly animate with Libraries, though I still have a long way to go.
Tuesday, 17 May 2011
Well, here it is, after quite a few months working on this the project has finally come to a close. If you wish to see some context to this scene, I suggest you take a look at this previous post, which includes the entire storyboard from where this is just five seconds from.
I animated in TV Paint once I got a hold of the layout for the background, while my partner composited the background in Maya and made sure to make the appearance 2D despite being made in 3D space. I think she succeeded well. Check out her achievements on her blog.
Once the animation was done I took each frame and placed it in Photshop, where I rendered each image. It was tough work, but once I got more and more done, each successive frame was easier to make since I could reuse layers and assets.
Frankly I'm quite pleased with this assignment.
Friday, 6 May 2011
Well, here's two weeks of hard work. I used the character from my Escape Project to animate, a decision I both regret and am glad I did. I regret it because even though it is my own character that I designed, I still don't know fully how he works, thus having a lot of trouble making him move.
However, because of that I have now had two weeks practice with him, thus making me well prepared for next week's assignment, which involves animating the Escape Project.